ILLUSTRATION & DESIGN FAQ
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CREATE A FULLY RENDERED DESIGN?
- An average turnaround time for design work is usually around 2-3 weeks. It can take as long as a month, depending on how busy we are. Since most design work is highly detailed, we don't like to rush the process, or feel like we are being rushed. To make sure the customer gets the best work they can get, sometimes we do get behind. But it always works out for everyone!
HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING A DESIGN CREATED?
- The first step would be to contact us, if you haven't yet. You can do so on the contact page! It's also best to give us a general idea of what your vision is. We LOVE hearing your ideas, colors you had in mind, business/event name, design style, and subject matter. The more info you can provide us, the easier and cheaper it will be for everyone!
- We require a minimum deposit of $80.00 (sometimes lower if its a small job) before we even start on the design. We will send you a payable invoice via email that you can pay with a CC, Debit Card or Paypal account. This deposit is only due once we have committed to working together. You will not be charged for email contact and/or idea discussions. This deposit is also NON-REFUNDABLE*. We will always work with you until the job is to your liking. Even if that takes us longer, the main goal is to provide you with a design that you love and will stand behind. The final balance of the job will be due upon completion and approval of the design. An invoice will be sent via email with the remaining balance.
*Design deposit is a once and done payment & will carry over into the final balance of the particular job.
WHAT ARE YOU CURRENT RATES FOR DESIGN WORK?
- Our current design rates vary. We follow a standard $30 an hour for most designs, but since we have been in the freelance graphic design world since 2007, we have a pretty good idea on total cost and how long your job will take. You will usually see a final price before we even start working. There are no hidden fees at the end or additional up charges.
WHAT FILES WILL I RECEIVE AFTER COMPLETION OF THE DESIGN?
- We supply standard files for all designs. Standard files include JPEG, PNG, PDF, PSD, AI files. Vectored images created at size in 330ppi or higher. We will provide you with other files BY REQUEST. Since we don't always know what people will have created with their logo, some manufactures require other files types. We will need you to contact us, ASAP if you ever run into a issue with files. We will also provide you with various color ways of your logo in the files mentioned above. *There may be an additional design fee for alternate color changes. It all depends on the complexity of the job.
SCREEN PRINTING & PROMOTIONAL ITEM PRINTING FAQ
HOW DO I GET APPAREL ITEMS CREATED? WHAT OPTIONS FOR APPAREL DO YOU OFFER?
- Once you have contacted us, we are going to have some questions. Since there are thousands of apparel styles and colors available, you should have a general idea of what you would like to order. Also, high resolution artwork for the particular job is extremely valuable. If you do not have artwork, our design services can help you with that. Since some artwork is more complex than others, certain limitations occur. For example, artwork with a lot of colors, will not translate well to smaller items such as hats, beanies, bags and some clothing. If we notice this issue, we will work with you to either simplify the artwork, or come up with some other options
- We can print on almost any garment. Short sleeves, long sleeves, 3/4 sleeves. Shirts, Hoodies, Tote Bags, Gym Bags, Canvas Patches, Pillow Cases. We can print pretty much anywhere on the garment. Fronts, backs, sleeves, ribs, inside tags etc. And we can get almost any brand, from budget friendly Gildan/Hanes/Fruit Of The Loom, to higher end apparel made by Next Level, Bella/Canvas and American Apparel and everything in between. We have a ton of ink colors to choose from and can even custom mix colors to match. There is sometimes a small fee for custom color mixing.
WHAT ARE THE CURRENT PRINTING RATES?
- This is always an extremely hard question to answer. There are so many factors involved with screen printing that every single job is different. We are a small operation, which allows our prices to be lower than most. Some factors in apparel printing include: print locations, colors used, artwork design/setup, screens/materials used & shipping of your items to you.
- We have no screen setup costs or shipping charges. You'll pay 1 price per tee shirt with no shipping or screen setup charges in the USA.